[PD-announce] Live Electronis Tutorial by Porres in English (& ELSE beta 12 released)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 02:23:03 CEST 2018

Hi, two related announcements! I've Finished translating the vol. 2 of my
Live Electronics Tutorial to English, with now 323 examples!
https://github.com/porres/Live-Electronics-Tutorial - It already relies on
the (still in test phase) 0.49-0 release of Pure Data (though 99% will work
in 48). Anyway, vol. 2 is where things gets a little serious... there's FFT
stuff and I really like my take on filters (folder "29").

I hope this becomes a relevant tutorial for Pd. Let me know what you think.
Next plan is to write a book where these are the examples. This is a very
special announcement for me as I've been working on this for 10 years now
and I'm happy to make it available in english. Not only that, but to
finally port it out of Pd Extended and into Vanilla!

Porting to Vanilla relies heavily and extensively in the ELSE library, and
this is where most of my work has been put recently, in order to port this
out of Extended. This brings us to the next announcement: I have a new
release that it relies on, Beta 12! Find it on deken (pd => Help => Find
Externals). See https://github.com/porres/pd-else/releases/tag/v1.0-beta12
for details. Newer additions to the tutorial now depend on developments of
ELSE.

The last release was a couple of weeks ago but I'm really proud of the
advancements I made. I'd like to highlight the additions to [envgen~], you
really should check it out, it's a very powerful and versatile envelope
generator. I still wanna allow for exponential curves, maybe next time. This
release of ELSE also already relies on Pd 0.49, but works for the most part
with 0.48.

cheers