[PD-dev] GEM OSX is now loading!

tigital tigital at mac.com
Tue Jun 4 18:26:59 CEST 2002

>tigital wrote:
>>yea!
>>
>great !
>
>as frank has pointed out, it would be great if the mac-port could be
>hosted/downloaded from the Gem-page (someday)
>
>i hope this is ok for you...

yup!  that's what I was imagining...I'm lousy/lazy with
webpages!...as you can probably guess, it'll still be awhile before
we get to a binary release, what with "real-life" always intruding...

>anyhow, i can be of no help due to my lack of
>macintosh-knowledge/access to C++compilers etc.

...well, with OS X, the IDE is Project Builder, which is just a front
end for a bunch of GNU tools, such as gcc, gdb, libtool, ln, ld,
blahblahblah...these GNU things are what I'm not used to, but I'm
trying to immerse myself as quick as possible...I'm more used to
codewarrior...

>i would like to keep the "one source fits all"-idea of the 0.87
>release up for the mac-port too.

I've only added source files where there were multiple files for
different OS's (ie: GemWinCreateOS.cpp)...everything else is just
#ifdef or #ifndef MACOSX...

>so it would be great if you could keep me up to date.

yeah, I'm sure I'll hafta pester you about some things, but I'll try
to keep from sending you a "stream-of-consciousness" diary! ;-)

>eventually you will become the pre-alpha-tester of new gem releases .
>
>ok ?

Sounds like we're on the same page:  now, let's see what I can
confuse myself with today!...

l8r,
jamie