[PD-dev] I need a formula

Damien HENRY dh7 at free.fr
Tue Jun 4 19:57:50 CEST 2002

Hi yves.

Q is the quality factor of the filter.

the more you increase Q, the more the filter will be sharp.

This mean that if Fmin is very close to Fmax, your filter will give you a
very strong atenuation when you will be outside your (Fmin-fmax).
If Fmin is far from fmax, your filter will be flat, so it won't filter
anything.

If you whant to have always the same atenuation (eg 18dB/octave) what ever
Fmin and Fmax, you must use a lowpass filter combinated with a higth pass one.

I hope this is clear. If it's not, please contact me again.

Cheers,
Damien.