[PD-dev] Re: [pd] shell and ongoing processes

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Wed Jun 5 11:19:11 CEST 2002

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Yves Degoyon wrote:
> >Good to know, but what was the initial problem ?
> >
> >Guenter
> >
> you're right, something's missing :
>
> the beginning of the thread was :

> Juha Vehvila"inen wrote:
>
> > Hi Yves,
>
> > the behavior I get with your version is, when I close a window
> > with shell pd is killed. Was this the fix?
>
> > Juha
>

> it's strange because i only added the killing of the child process
> and the waiting for its termination :
> it should portable across unices.... apparently, it isn't.

The problem of zombies only arises if the process exits, so killing it
should not be necessary. Maybe that is the problem under some unixes.

Well if someone wants to look at the code, I am starting to setup some
CVS repositories which will be used for demudi packageing later.
To access it:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at devel.demudi.org:/cvsroot
cvs co ggee

I have included Yves "floating point argument patch" and
left my solution to the zombie problem.

The setup is not very well tested, so there may be problems.
I will add other externals there later, ...

Guenter