[PD-dev] jack client & more

Andrew (Andy) W. Schmeder andy at eh2o.ws
Fri Jun 14 09:47:30 CEST 2002

(quoting G.Geiger from message on pd-list)

> The way to go is definitely ALSA, or better jack (jackit.sourceforge.net).
> The jack audio server allows several applications to share the sound
> device, it is supposed to be low latency and it is callback based.
> (and has a simpler API, only floating point format, non-interleaved
> samples, which all fits pd very well).

I wholeheartedly second the idea to make pd a jack client.  That would
be great!

> Well, I hope we can manage to show pd at its best within this
> distribution, with all externals, docs, examples, etc etc that
> all people are contributing here ...

I really think that PD and all its bits need to get into CVS... I'm
afraid that not using CVS might really be hurting development and
collaboration, considering the size of the community.

---
aws