[PD-dev] Re: CVS?

jfm3 jfm3 at ouroboros-complex.org
Fri Jun 14 16:50:24 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 07:03, Juha Vehviläinen wrote:
> http://www.pure-data.org
>
> The idea here is to try to link to every external out there.

Just to clarify: the idea with pure-data.org is (among other things) to
provide a place where anyone can post a URL for anyone's object or
object library. I post links to whatever I find on the mailing list, for
example. All of these objects and object libraries are moving targets.
pure-data.org relies on it's users to post new links and to mark certain
downloads as in need of change.

That being said, if external writers would follow some convention in how
they package their object's source, we could easily make a collection
that could be maintained across different versions of Pd, and on
different platforms. This is known as the "herding cats" problem, and I
have only ever seen it solved by a "benevolent dictator" strategy. Good
luck!

--
(jfm3)