[PD-dev] CVS for pd externals

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Mon Jun 17 17:45:55 CEST 2002

On 17 Jun 2002, jfm3 wrote:
> I can redirect http://cvs.pure-data.org or
> http://sourceforge.pure-data.org to point to
> http://pure-data.sourceforge.net, but I'm not so sure I can get them to
> put what I want in DNS. Also, are we sure sourceforge won't change the
> IP of their CVS server?

hmm, does the domain holder only allow one host ? We bought the demudi and
agnula stuff at mydomain, and they allow for unlimited ip pointing.

Anyhow, I think it would be the best thing to have a neutral name,
therefore cvs.pure-data.org would just fit best. Its about pure-data,
thats it.

Of course from my point of view, it would be better to have pd.demudi.org
pd.agnula.org, etc etc, but I think it is not good to put this
under some institutional hat, ..

About  the  IP of the sourceforge server, I am not sure if they change
often, of course it is a pain if you have to ask your provider to
change the pointing, thats an advantage of the mydomain (probably
exchange that with any other domain name service), you can add/change
all the things via a web interface.

All of this should make it easier to move the CVS later if needed (e.g the
licensing issues I mentioned).

SO if we can't have cvs.pure-data.org, I would leave it at the
sourceforge address.
Probably the easiest way to go for now.

Guenter