[PD-dev] [gem] pix_film problem

tigital tigital at mac.com
Fri Jun 21 18:39:35 CEST 2002

>that's good news about the GEM development.  i've got .tga image
>output from vdsp going and i'm starting on the quicktime file bit
>this weekend.  have you gotten all of the file loading stuff worked
>out yet?  seems pretty straightforward but i'm sure i'll find a way
>to screw it up!

Even more good news:  just got pix_movie to work!  Seems kinda
klunky, but I'm just trying to get things working all around, then
pass back and optimize/prettify ;-)

...Anyone have an idea on when I should start a public alpha/beta?
Guess it depends on me writing up a list of known
problems/limitations and making a website...

>as for your problem, i seem to remember only pix_movie ever working
>for me in the past.  if i remember that's the one that does the
>direct glTexImg and pix_film allows pix ops...

...which is what I really wanna do!  still not working, tho...

>btw - do you hang out on any irc channels or the like?  there's one
>for jmax at irc.openprojects.net #jmax that's mostly the people
>doing vdsp and gridflow.  maybe stop by to have a chat some time...
>
>best
>cgc
yeh, I should hop onto irc...just never have done it much...now on to
adding particles!

l8r,
jamie