[PD-dev] Re: dropouts when loading into arrays

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Sat Jun 22 12:22:46 CEST 2002

Juha Vehviläinen schrieb:

> Soundfiler should be threaded, shouldn't it?

Yes, and also should netsend and netreceive be...

And what about the gui? As far as I got it Pd uses one thread and all the
data it has to send to the gui has to fit into one DSP 'frame'. This way
graphic intensive obejcts can lead to dropouts.

To avoid this I usually delete all 'moving' objects (numberboxes,
sliders... as far as not needed for input) from my patches before using
them in a concert / installation. Maybe it would make sense to multithread
this too?

Olaf