[PD-dev] threads / soundfiler

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Tue Jun 25 13:30:03 CEST 2002

d_jj schrieb:

> i installed the two files (d_soundfile.c + s_inter.c) in my 0.35-test24
> sources and compiled it, now it says some stuff on the console about
> child priorities but in the end i still get dropouts for fileloading?

yes, you're right, I can reproduce this with very large files... however, using shorter
files (up to the 4000000 samples that soundfiler is able to load) I don't get any dropouts
(on Win). I guess you're running Linux?!
There is some code dealing with the threads priority which is not working in Win right now.
But I'm working on that and will release it ASAP.

Olaf