[PD-dev] PD and Qt?

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Tue Jun 25 16:09:20 CEST 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Bert Schiettecatte wrote:
> If I had the time I would do the work, of course :-)

We too :)

Actually there exists a gtk version, which is only functional
with older versions of pd, if so at all.

Generally porting to another toolkit would mean
1) defining a proper protocol for GUI communication in pd itself,
then porting the tcl/tk stuff, and then writing another GUI.
2) implementing the tcl/tk canvas, and several popup dialogs, menues with
another GUI toolkit.

The  gtk version took the second approach.

Guenter