[PD-dev] width of graphical representation

Philip Stolz Phil_S at gmx.de
Sun Jul 14 01:32:37 CEST 2002

I've written an external that generates a variable amount of outlets in its
new-method. The amount is dependent on a number specified in the external's
object box at creation time. Typically I need up to 16 or even more outlets.
Since only textwidth is considered for the width of the graphical
representation (object box) of my external, I can't distinguish more than 8
(hardly distinguishable) outlets displayed. Has anyone an idea, how the width
of an object box can be specified or changed in the new-method?

Thanks in advance,
                               Phil.