[PD-dev] pd externals windows

Philip Stolz Phil_S at gmx.de
Thu Jul 25 19:28:04 CEST 2002

Hello,
I'm just trying to get a pd external to work with a binary windows release of
pd. I compiled my external with MSVC++ 6.0 and I'm loading the lib using the
following command when starting pd:

pd -nomidiin -path d:\pd-patches -lib d:PDLIB\source_tilde

pd is printing the following error message:

load_object: Symbol "source_tilde_setup" not found
D:/PDLIB/source_tilde: can't load library

pd is definitely finding the .dll file and there's also a source_tilde_setup
function compiled into the library. I guess that my problem has something to
do with C++ -> C - functions in dlls so I tried using the "disable language
extensions" switch of MSVC++ in order to get ANSI C but this seemed to have
no effect.

Does anyone know how I could get rid of this problem?

Thanks in advance,
                             Phil.