[PD-dev] shoutcast~ 0.3 & netserver

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Wed Jul 31 19:42:26 CEST 2002

Hi list,

just another developers announcement. I've put some new stuff on my
'experimental' site at
http://www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/experimental/

shoutcast~ version 0.3 :: threaded version of the mp3 streamer, now also
supports variable bitrate encoding (VBR). I've tested it for quite a
while but it still seems to crash under rare circumstances (after about
2 hours or so...)

netserver / netclient :: server/client externals that allow for
bidirectional communication. they both are a combination of Pd's netsend
and netreceive objects. Additionally the server (based on netreceive)
can send data back to the client (which is based on netsend). The client
to send to can be selected using a 'client number' or the socket number
of the connection. I'll probably include them into maxlib one day.

Everything is 'experimental', so beware the bugs! In case you discover
any problems, please send me a bug report / call for help!

Olaf