[PD-dev] pure-data CVS

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Thu Aug 8 23:54:10 CEST 2002

Hi,
günter geiger hat gesagt: // günter geiger wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, [ISO-8859-1] Juha Vehviläinen wrote:
> > With autofetching, I though of pd instead of saying
> > "couldn't create foo" would see if foo can be downloaded
> > (and built?, and installed) from the cvs. Don't know
> > if this could work even reasonably well though.
>
> ah, I understand. In the first place this would mean a change in pd's
> code, something like a message ; pd loadfailed <externalname> that gets
> issued by the loader, then it would be possible to implement, but surely
> only for linux.

This is a nice idea and somehow it brings up the question of
namespaces again. I can think of external names, "foo" is in fact a
good example, that might be used in several places. We should of course
avoid such name clashes, and maybe a mechanism developed for
pure-data.sf.net can be a testbed for namespaces. But I have no idea,
how such an architecture is best defined...

ciao,