[PD-dev] flext.deb was: [PD-announce] flext 0.3.1 and tutorial examples

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Sun Aug 18 12:09:15 CEST 2002

Hi Frank,

> And I made some test packages for Debian out of flext-0.3.1, available
> at http://footils.org/debian/

That's really great!!!
In the meantime i've become a debianist as well.

> * They are build with g++-3.0, because:
>   g++-2.95.4 did build, but trying to load the tutorials resulted in
>   an immediate segfault of PD here.

That's strange as i'm using it as well.
Can that be a compiler version mismatch between your PD, glibc and flext
versions?

> * They install everything to /usr/lib/pd/flext, but there are also
>   these files: flext_d.a flext_td.a
>   What are those? Should they be removed?

Those are the precompiled flext libraries (with gcc 2.95.4), for all those
too lazy to compile -
or for those who don't want to mix compiler versions.

greetings,
Thomas