[PD-dev] even more confusion?

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Sep 5 14:38:29 CEST 2002

hi all,

this is in a way a follow-up to both my mails from this morning:)

While browsing pd/src at sourceforge I found this:

x_connective.c   1.1.1.1.8.1  9 days  ggeiger \
   added set message to send/receive, patches from cxc and ext13

...surprise!

Looking at the patch, I wonder, why nobody has ever reported
crashes caused by a receive settable in a cxc/ext13 way?  Lets try

'; x set y', [r x], [r x]

or anything similar.

Forgive me please, but I think the core of Pd, like send/receive
behaviour, should not be changed behind Miller's back...

Btw, 'receive74' is settable, but

1) only via its inlet, never remotely,

2) only if it has no argument (apparently for compatibility
reasons?).

The 'send74' is not settable (it is the 'forward74', which is...)

Krzysztof