[PD-dev] even more confusion?

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Sep 9 12:59:28 CEST 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:
> Forgive me please, but I think the core of Pd, like send/receive
> behaviour, should not be changed behind Miller's back...

Probably I made a mistake when merging the "set"  messages, thats why
nobody reported the bug against the external packages.

I got sick after that day and spend half of my holidays in bed, thats
why I couldn't continue working/testing the changes I made.

About changing the core of pd behind Millers back:

This was definitely not my intention, I rather tried to setup a repository
for those who like to send patches to Miller, in order to have the
possibility to test them, select those that fit and throw away those who
are useless.

Finally Miller will have the say what he accepts for pd and what not.
I think it is very important to make development for pd as open as
possible, same for GEM. I am just trying to propose a "procedure" how
to contribute to pd, because I think that several contributions may get
lost because there is not an official way to do so.

We had several discussions about how to do that, and in order not to
increase the load upon Miller I did it this way, maybe there are better
ways ..., or maybe its a bad idea in general.

What do you think ?

Greetings

Guenter