[PD-dev] even more confusion?

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Tue Sep 10 13:53:56 CEST 2002

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:
> The best way of showing that I mean so, would be attempting to
> improve receive's handling of the 'set' message -- but I do not
> know how to do it right.
>
> The main trouble is how to sense which 'set' is remote, and which
> has come via an inlet.  It might be done by not binding a [receive]
> itself to a symbol, but binding a proxy object instead.  However,
> it would involve a complete rewrite of the class, and this is
> something which should involve much better understanding of the
> 'core' than mine!

I'd say we can postpone this problem, therefore I removed receive's set
message.

Maybe someone will implement your suggestion in an external, or we can
find a general solution ala Miller.

And thanks for tracking this down, I probably would never have given it
a second thought.

> Hoping you are well now, and there is still some time left for
> your holidays,

Yes there was, batteries recharged

Guenter