[PD-dev] setting receive

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Tue Sep 10 19:58:18 CEST 2002

hi,

most probably I am overlooking something, but if not, there seem
to be two easy ways:

1. counting 'outlet_' calls being executed, and handling the 'set'
message only if the counter is 0;

2. calling clock_delay(..., 0) in a 'set' method, and performing
the un/binding in a separate event.

One other thing -- if Pd/receive is to be compatible with
max/receive, then it is only the object *without an argument* to
get its inlet, and handle the 'set' message.  So, anyway, there
would be *no overhead* in case of the objects with an argument
(all that are in use now).

A sketch showing an easy way 2. is in the attachment.

Krzysztof