[PD-dev] loading abstractions into objcts...?

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Fri Sep 20 10:44:14 CEST 2002

Hi developers,

say I have an abstraction having one (control) inlet and one (control)
outlet and an external with the same number of inlets/outlets that does
nothing by it's own. What I now would like to do is to 'load' the
abstraction into may external instead of loading it as a 'stand-alone
object'. Thus my external would always be there but I could load
different abstractions into it. Would that be possible without having to
write a second Pd in an external?

I tried some things but it all ended up in a new canvas popping up
containing my abstraction (or parts of it or even parts of the calling
patch...).

please enlighten me!

Olaf