[PD-dev] pd externals makefile help for newbie [win32]

André Schmidt andre at vju-tv.net
Tue Sep 24 21:14:18 CEST 2002

hi devs,

i hope i'm not buggin you too much (again:) with my newbish questions, but
i want to get started with little trouble as possible. so, got MSVC++6 and
i managed to compile the foos in .../6.externs/ with 'nmake' after i
changed the right paths in the makefile. and yes, they really worked :).
this was my first time i compiled c/c++ from the commandline (not including
my 1 and only time i succesfully compiled pd on linux:) so this makefile
thing is a quite mystery to me but i assume it has all the settings that an
IDE would have in it's menus, or similar. ok, for starters i want to
compile the "hello world" external from
http://iem.kug.ac.at/pd/externals-HOWTO/node3.html but i dont know what i
should write in the makefile. before i start to TAE with the makefile from
the foo examples i thought maybe some1 could explain or give a good
www-link about the makefile...

thnx
-andre
(boldly going where i've newer been)