[PD-dev] loading abstractions into objcts...?

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Sat Sep 28 17:39:45 CEST 2002

Daniel Heckenberg schrieb:

> I'd certainly like to have a poly~ style object (and why not make it
> compatible?).  My immediate needs may be served by
> rabin/clone/my-quick-and-dirty-hack but it would be good to develop a fully
> functional object.  Thanks to you and Olaf for producing that code, btw.
>
> How to proceed?

Hi Daniel,

if you 'only' need a poly~-style object it should be easier to overcome the
limitations of the current solutions, I think. The crashes when adding or
deleting inlets / outlets are caused because Pd attempts to recreate your
object box. poly~ uses it's own type of inlets (in, out, in~, out~). By
adopting this it should be possible to implement this feature in rabin~/clone
and possibly your code.

I'm not going to implement it right now (clone does everything I need...). But
this could be a good project for the long dark winter nights to come...

Olaf