[PD-dev] Call for participation on a pd-survey

Andrea Mayr amayr at zsi.at
Tue Oct 8 17:00:53 CEST 2002

Dear members of pd-dev,

I'm writing to ask you to take part in an online survey which I
developed as part of a larger study on different types of virtual
work groups carried out by the Austrian Center of Social
Innovation (ZSI) [1].
Within this project, my role is to provide a case study on open
source software development. Having an artistic background myself
(I graduated from the University of Applied Arts and worked with
various cultural projects here in Vienna[2] and NYC [3]), a deep
interest in open source software and knowing some of the Austrian
list members personally, looking at the pd community was a natural
choice for my case study. I hope you don't mind this.

Over the last couple of weeks, I conducted a series of interviews
(mostly f2f) with pd'lers to get a deeper sense of the history /
practice of the pd project. In addition to this qualitative data,
I would like to collect some quantitative data as well. This is
were you and the survey come in.

Please take a few minutes to look at it and fill it out :)

Survey: http://oss.zsi.at
login: pdsurvey
pw: ppddpdpp

The survey is designed to respect your privacy and will be open for
the next ten days. After that, I will analyze the data and share it
with you.
I hope my results will be also of interest to you, it might provide
you with some feed back on the dynamics/motivations of pd as a group
that might otherwise be less accessible. I hope that will be a fair
exchange for the time that I ask you to take to fill in this survey.

If you have any further questions, please contact me directly.

grtz.
Andrea

[1] http://www.zsi.at
[2] http://www.femalepressure.net