[PD-dev] Portaudio with Jack on Linux

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Mon Oct 14 18:34:18 CEST 2002

Hi,
d hat gesagt: // d wrote:
> my expirience when fiddling around with pd(-jack-fifo)+jack+ardour, was
> that the dac~s of pd appeared as pd-outputs in ardour.
> i didn't try it the other way (ardour->pd) but i think the signal  would
> just appear at the adc~.
> of course it would be nice to have named inputs or at least a
> possibility to dump the mapping of jack-names to adc~/dac~

"jack_lsp" lists the available jack-ports, "jack_connect" and
"jack_disconnect" (dis)connect these. I only used the fifo-pd-patch
yet, and with this the PD-ports are connected to the alsa_pcm:in_? and
alsa_pcm:out_? automatically.

As I couldn't get alsaplayer-jack to work, Pd now also is my preferred
mp3 and ogg player, when running jackd :)

ciao,