[PD-dev] PD canvas interaction - flext GUI

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Tue Oct 15 18:13:47 CEST 2002

btw, Thomas, have you got any reply to this?  I would need
to find a way of getting info from the gui layer, first in order
to clone MouseState and mousefilter, then, possibly, with some
other clones too -- although for mouse classes I would probably
use a by-request method (polling), using something like
"winfo pointerxy".

Yet I do not fully understand your code examples.  With replacing
tcl/tk bindings of gui events to a canvas (those defined in pd.tk),
do you mean a canvas containing your gui object, or a canvas
created by that object?  If the former, are you going to pd_bind
your gui object to the same symbol a containing canvas is bound to
(declaring a dummy anything method, I guess)?  Or, rather,
pd_binding to a different symbol, then resending the gui messages
you got in your object, up to a containing canvas?

Krzysztof

Thomas Grill wrote:
 > The desirable solution would be a interaction callback provided by PD to let
 > a GUI object collect all possible interaction information.
 > The latter can be obtained by e.g. using the following TCL/TK statements:
 >
 > t_canvas *canvas;
 > t_symbol *bindsym;
 > sys_vgui("bind .x%x.c <Motion> {pd %s %s %%x %%y %%s
 > \\;}\n",canvas,bindsym,gensym("motion"));

(perhaps bindsym->s_name and "motion"?)