[PD-dev] PD canvas interaction - flext GUI

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Wed Oct 16 15:21:05 CEST 2002

hi Thomas,

Thomas Grill wrote:
 > I don't know if there is a way to get the TCL/TK mouse state by polling,
 > there seem to be just mouse events... but that's not too bad - one can cache
 > the info.

actually I need only mouse _position_ polling (or, strictly
speaking, sampling), which is available by calling winfo pointerxy.

Otoh, I do need to be notified about state changes of the mouse
_buttons_ using the usual tcl way of binding events -- and what
I do not know, is how to plug my object into the original flow of
events destined for a canvas (or, rather, all canvases)...
Any idea?

 > Generally i have to say that i'm (after a short recovery) more and more fed
 > up with TCL/TK. Although it's not a bad system i consider it unsuitable for
 > a multi-media environment. It's a dead-end street.

:)

Krzysztof