[PD-dev] PD canvas interaction - flext GUI

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Thu Oct 17 16:02:11 CEST 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Thomas Grill wrote:
> > Another thing that could be done is extending the GUI on the TCL/TK side,
> > ala "snack", for example. This would reduce overhead for expensive
> > GUI objects, because functionality is built into the widgets.
>
> This would only be a solution if one wanted to stay with TCL/TK......

Yes, of course, ... but it would offer a smooth way for the transition.

We could write a "object" widget (edititing functionality etc, in the tk
widget set) and a way how this communicates with pd. This way we already
cover 95 % of all "graphical" stuff  in a pd patch, and we have a proof
of concept.
Then we could go on like this with other graphical objects.

Well, just an idea, have to think more about  it....

Guenter