[PD-dev] First sketch of CVS build system

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Thu Oct 17 16:27:07 CEST 2002

Hi,

I have justed checked in the  first sketch of what I think should be the
future build system for the externals in CVS.

Most of the externals build nicely, problems are:

* externals that depend on additional external libraries
  I do not know how to solve this yet.
  Maybe I will provide some additional. special makefile targets
  for those.

* should work for osx,win,irix and linux later, but only linux
  is implemented yet. Next thing will be windows, help appreciated
  with osx. If possible I would like to have one single makefile
  for each, in order to make it autobuildable.

If you have a snapshot already on your harddisk, go to the
externals directory and do a

"cvs update -d"

this  should add a directory called build.
Go to build/linux, do a "make -k".
Before I start getting rid of the warnings that some of the external
produce, it would be great if the respective developer can take a look.
Would be great if all builds without  warnings.

The next big task will be how to organize the documentation.

Guenter