[PD-dev] CVS pd, fiiwu~

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Sat Oct 19 01:51:11 CEST 2002

Hi,
Michal Seta hat gesagt: // Michal Seta wrote:

> I just got the CVS pd version (checked out today) and I'm
> wondering... should I recompile all my externs and libs?

Shouldn't be necessary (except maybe for flext externals)

> Also, I was trying (lately) to get any of the iiwu synths working...
> I tried the original iiwu (both versions) and I could get as far as
> getting it show up on canvas and load a sound font.  It hangs pd
> after I send it a note.
>
> [fiiwu~] makes pd exit at the instantiation time.

I couldn't get the old iiwu~ working at all anymore - although I did
help writing it - after I did some updating in my Debian system. That's
why I wrote fiiwu~, but fiiwu~ has only been tested on my machine so
far (and on Thomas Grill's). But for all flext externals in general I
must say, that I didn't get very far with g++-2.9x

I did have good sucess with 3.0, though, and I'm now using g++-3.2
But anyways, it is important, that you compile the flext lib with the
same compiler as the externals.

Do other flext external, for example the flext tutorial files, work?

> And, in contrary to David Casal iiwusynth is working from the
> console (but I compiled the 0.2.3 version).

I didn't test iiwu 0.2.3 yet, I hope, that the API didn't change...
I'll check this out tomorrow.

ciao