[PD-dev] CVS pd, fiiwu~

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sun Oct 20 17:56:12 CEST 2002

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hi,
> Michal Seta hat gesagt: // Michal Seta wrote:
>
> > I just got the CVS pd version (checked out today) and I'm
> > wondering... should I recompile all my externs and libs?
>
> Shouldn't be necessary (except maybe for flext externals)
>
> > Also, I was trying (lately) to get any of the iiwu synths working...
> > I tried the original iiwu (both versions) and I could get as far as
> > getting it show up on canvas and load a sound font.  It hangs pd
> > after I send it a note.
> >
> > [fiiwu~] makes pd exit at the instantiation time.

Hi everyone. I was the one that initially posted iiwu, which Frank
updated, so I should
probably pipe in here to see if anyone needs any help or clarification.

I haven't had time (as seems to be the norm) to do anything with the
original version, and since Frank has updated this to use flext, does
everybody agree that I should mark the original version as obsolete on my
personal web page, and the pd database?

Ironically, I myself can't yet compile flext stuff due to the Red Hat
compiler confusion I think. As an aside, can anybody say if the latest
redhat 7.x has a compiler that works ok with this? (I don't feel like
inviting the uncertainties that would come with an 8.x upgrade)

Larry