[PD-dev] Re: [PD] using graphics tablet for input

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu umbpux at tin.it
Sun Oct 27 12:00:56 CET 2002

Hi Thomas. Hi all.

	Are you using the tablet via X-Window/Xinput?

I modified [grid] so that it can parse the /dev/input/event0 messages from
a Wacom Graphire USB tablet. I'm quite happy but for the CPU usage:
reading the device with a socketreceiver (like [netrec]) is relatively
time consuming and can eat up to 4% of a PIII 800.

Any alternative approach?
Something like reading the device in a thread and polling at a
configurable rate makes sense? (I think people was talking about this in
another context in recent past).

Regards,

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu.