[PD-dev] pitch bend yet again

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Oct 31 22:14:10 CET 2002

hi Miller, hi devs,

this is nothing really important, but as I would like to fix
xeq_parse's handling of pitch bend data, and since it seems that
currently in Pd bendin's output is incompatible with bendout's
input, I wonder which scheme would you be willing to choose:
bendin's -- mapping bender data to the 0..16383 range, or
bendout's -- having null transposition point at 0.

I think either is ok (but not both:).  For example max classes
xbendin and xbendout, now also in cyclone, use unsigned values,
otoh sequencers, I believe (at least cubase), tend to show
bender values in the -8192..8191 range.

Krzysztof

(btw, bendin/bendout in max use only the second data byte of
a midi message)