CVS Access Lists WAS Re: [PD-dev] sourceforge tarball problem

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 6 17:23:14 CET 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, guenter geiger wrote:

> Also, it would be really great if those who are working on OSX, or
> those who encounter problems with compiling/using the externals could
> participate actively, by either becoming a developer, or by asking
> at the list to add there changes.

I will be working on Linux-PowerPC and OS X so I would love to contribute
fixes for things.  My hesitation comes from not wanting to step on
people's toes or make changes to someone's externals without them approving.

So this led me to look into access control for CVS.  I think it could be
helpful, especially during this transistion period, to set up access lists
on various parts of pure-data.sf.net.  That way, for example, MSP could
use the SF CVS before he is prepared to have multiple developers working
on that code.  Also, it might make some developers more willing to put
their code up on CVS if they know that they don't lose control of it when
they do so.

.hc

	zen
	   \