[PD-dev] cvs

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Nov 7 11:45:52 CET 2002

Hi,
Damien HENRY hat gesagt: // Damien HENRY wrote:

> I'm learning CVS, and i'm looking for a sumerise of what's already
> in the CVS tree.

pure-data.sf.net currently is divided into three parts: externals,
abstractions, pd.

The "pd" part is a place for experimental branches of Pd and includes a
patched Pd with support for e.g. Jack. But there also is an official
version of Pd available there.

In the "abstractions" directory there are useful abstractions that don't
need compiling.

"externals" keeps externals and the ultimate goal is to have a
complete package of all pd-externals in the world, that can be
compiled in one step on all operationg systems with all compilers.
This isn't easy.

Both "abstractions" and "externals" have subdirectories for groups of
externals like ext13, zexy or footils.

> Is the goal to make a complete pd distribution, with all his
> externals ?

I think so.

> should I include Xgui and/or pd-internal msg in the tree ?

That would be great, IMO. Is pd-interal msg documentation? Maybe we
should add a "doc" directory to pd-CVS as well, which could host for
example the PDDP docs also.

ciao