[PD-dev] PD externals Debian packaging

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Nov 18 19:02:59 CET 2002

Hi there,

I have checked in a debian directory in the pd externals CVS which should
make it possible to generate debian packages directly from CVS.

currently there are generated:
pd-externals:  single externals, including ext13, ggee, and others
pd-zexy:       the zexy library
pd-flext:      flext library
pd-osc:        the OSC object

I finally decided to not put everything into the build directory, because
some things just do not fit, or have external and additional dependencies.

Left to be done:
(this addresses Frank mainly)
in order to build the footils, it would be the best if I had some
general makefile in the footils directory.
I can do it, but I would be happier if you would do it.
You can await that there is an already compiled flext library
in grill/flext, and compile/link it against that.

What else ?

!! Last call for additional externals !!

I am not sure if I will find the time to collect all the  externals on
the net and inject them, because I want to ask for permission of the
authors first before doing that.

So those who have externals lying around and want them to be included
in the upcoming Demudi release, please drop me a note, join the
sourceforge developers, or just send me a link to your externals together
with the permission to use it.

Ciao

Guenter