[PD-dev] how am I being created?

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Tue Nov 19 14:31:27 CET 2002

thanks Miller,

does it mean that my object should not be created with an 'obj'
message to a canvas (a "#X obj..." sequence)?  If so, then,
unfortunately, its class has to be loaded beforehand (using
a -lib option), in order to plug a new message into somewhere.

Or is it just to be created with an 'obj' message having such
arguments, that are unlikely to be typed into an object box?

Am I right, that one cannot customize the 'save' method in such
a way, as to be able to distinguish loading from pasting?
(Actually, I do not need to tell them apart.  I was wrong in my
previous mail -- I need to distinguish loading-and-pasting from
typing.)

Another question:  are declarations in g_canvas.h part of an API?
How about using 'gl_loading' flag of the t_glist structure?

In another thread I will try to explain why all this is so
important for me right now...

thanks again,
Krzysztof