[PD-dev] CVS GUI changes

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 26 17:30:28 CET 2002

Hi,
Adam Lindsay hat gesagt: // Adam Lindsay wrote:

> I just committed a bag of experimental graphical interface changes to
> CVS.

It feels good to see you working on the GUI side.

> While I was in there mucking about, I modified a few other things,
> following some of Apple's basic human interface guidelines:
>   o On the Mac, the last three menus are "Audio  Window  Help" instead of
> "Windows  Audio  Help".

OK, here's a first problem: This breaks the layout of the PD main
window, at least on Linux. We don't have a global menu at the top of
the screen, so now the longer menu is wrapped into the to small pd
window, which looks like sh*t. So either the menu for the main window
must shrink, or the window must grow.

> I also revisited JSarlo's gui patches, restoring the useful dark-yellow
> color on signal connections (but overlaying that on top of Miller's
> method for distinguishing them). I tweaked jsarlo's shadows on the Mac to
> make them look more like:
> <http://mambo.peabody.jhu.edu/~jsarlo/gripd/linux1.jpg>
> (The shadows on the Mac were separated from the box by one pixel, which
> is kind of odd. Movement still will cause the box and shadow to be
> separated, for some reason.)

Personally I don't like the shadows, they look cool, but thy clutter
the patch area, that is always too small anyways. How could I get rif
of them?

> I tried to set these changes off with tags, but it looks like it didn't
> work (still have a lot to learn with CVS). All of these are in the
> devel_0_36 branch that Guenter described yesterday.

I want back my obj- and my bin-directory :)

Both are gone, is this my fault while checking things out?

ciao