[PD-dev] new MACOSX GEM beta available

tigital tigital at mac.com
Thu Nov 28 00:42:41 CET 2002

hiya,

...in a remarkable coincidence, I managed to finish up a bunch of
lagging stuff to get a new GEM.pd_darwin up at:

http://homepage.mac.com/tigital

...so I guess it's time to knock it around, and time to eat!  It's
thanksgiving, after all...;-)

...here are the notes:
11/27/2002
beta3 release:

- merged MACOSX code into the pd-gem cvs:
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem/
	...there are lotsa changes, but refer to the GEM changelog
- also included a project builder file for compilation:  does it work for
	anyone else?
- MAJOR speed ups for movie/film/video/images:  especially with cards
supporting
	GL_CLIENT_STORAGE and GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE
- firewire/usb webcam video now working via [pix_videoDarwin]...chris
	finished it up, but it needs to go through [pix_video] instead.
- Chris Clepper came up with a ton of YUV objects, which of course won't
	exactly work with most of the rgb [pix_*]'s...the important thing is
	they provide a VERY fast pathway for manipulating movies/images/video
- working on a selection of help files for the new objects, but they
	aren't in cvs yet...there is a list of YUV objects below, tho...
- added a new geo: [newWave], which is a port of a SGI example code...no
	inputs (yet), but it looks neat

yuv objects
yuv_add - add two inputs together
yuv_adjust - adjust luminance and chroma values
yuv_average - average two inputs
yuv_bandw - make input black and white
yuv_bitshift - bitshift images
yuv_blank
yuv_chroma_key - chroma-based keying
yuv_clamp
yuv_compare
yuv_difference - difference between images
yuv_dual
yuv_emboss
yuv_film - decompress film into YUV space for effecting
yuv_gain - adjust image gain
yuv_invert -
yuv_luma_key - luma-based keying
yuv_movie - decompress movie into yuv space
yuv_mult - multiply images
yuv_pixel_data
yuv_pixel_isolate
yuv_pixel_replace