[PD-dev] clocks & threads

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Thu Dec 5 11:37:39 CET 2002

Am Donnerstag, 05.12.02, um 04:15 Uhr (Europe/Vienna) schrieb Tom
Schouten:

>>> I don't think clock_set is thread safe in Pd... it manipulates a
>>> linked
>>> list (static) without locking other threads out of it....
>>
>> I actually use clock_delay, but i guess that's just the same and i
>> realized
>> that i'm also using a mutex for it.
>
> hi thomas,
>
> i am wondering how you do this. did you patch pd to use a mutex in the
> clock
> routines also? because i can't see how it would be thread safe if you
> don't
> do that.

Hi Tom,
you're right that there has to be a solution in PD itself.
It did work for me only because of the fact that hardly anyone seemed
to care about threads....

There has already been a discussion several month ago, but now seems to
be the time we'll have to do something about it...

best greetings,
Thomas