[PD-dev] GEM: glm and glut

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Dec 11 20:02:01 CET 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, tigital wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >
> >I was about to remove the glut dependency of
> >glm, because, I think it doesnt need glut ..
snip

> >Can someone check for this ?
>
> ...just tried it with OS X, and the example still works...tho can't
> load teapot right now?  Don't think it's related, and who uses teapot
> anyway? ;-)

yes, I personally would sacrifice the teapot for having a dependency
less. Especially on windows this is annoying.

> Btw, thanx for checking before making a change:  IOhannes is not in
> the habit of doing this, and it is causing me problems...I think we
> need a GEM CVS announce list, now that there are more fingers in the
> pie...

I think pd-dev is ok for this for now. I do not think that every change
has to be discussed, but of course, if several people are working in
the same field (like the changes to the pix_ objects that is going on
currently) it helps a lot to discuss the changes in general.
On the other hand Johannes is pretty verbose in his changelogs, which is
a important source of information too.

Guenter