[PD-dev] Re: [PD] pix_image threading

bbogart at ryerson.ca bbogart at ryerson.ca
Sun Dec 15 18:43:01 CET 2002

Hello all,

I'm finding very little in terms of options for the 500ms delay in rendering when loading an image file. I can't use a movie because my images need to be masked. Can't use pix_multiimage because I'm talking about about 800 images, called up on the fly.

So is it possible that the pix_image image loader be put in a seperate thread? (or all the pd/gem disk IO ideally)  Is anyone working on an experimental version of this I could use?

Or does anyone have any non-thread ideas so solve the render-stop problem?

Thanks all.
Ben