[PD-dev] [GEM] new postrender crashes OS X

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Dec 16 20:44:21 CET 2002

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 bbogart at ryerson.ca wrote:

> Hi James, et all.
>
> First off I have to say that James, Adam and Chris, I really appreciate
> the work you are doing on the OSX port and I think it is of great value
> to the community. I understand that this development process is difficult,
> and keeping the cvs working on both sides (linux and osx+others) when
> all the develppers don't have access to all the OSs is a great challange.
> I know the last time I tried to use the CVS version on linux, the
> pix_movie stuff was broken under linux. I don't mean this to be a blame
> thing, but it is in all our best interests that the changes made are not
> breaking stuff that had previously worked.
>
> I do think a more verbose dialog between developers may help the issues
> you describe. Any other opinions?

A slighlty different proposal. Having taken a closer look at Gem,
and specifically pix_ processing, I do completely understand that
Johannes wants to change everything in there. There is no way around
introducing bugs in this process.

In order to make this transition less painfull, we could make a stable
branch of Gem, which will only change for bugfixes, build system
enhancements etc (no new features !!).

This means of course that there will be no yuv support.

Is there a need for such a branch ?

Guenter