[PD-dev] Re: [PD] Re: [PD-announce] PiDiP version 0.6.1 [ motion detection ]

Tom Schouten doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Thu Jan 9 14:38:44 CET 2003

> Hmm...
> Seems to me that libquicktime on Mac OS X should just be a compatibility
> layer, adapting lqt calls to real, native QuickTime calls. The lqt codecs
> wouldn't require much attention at all, then. Have any pointers to which
> API calls you would actually use?

for decoding, have a look at modules/pdp_qt.c in the tarball
(http://zwizwa.fartit.com/pd/pdp/) the encoder object is in yves' pidip lib
(http://ydegoyon.free.fr/) in modules/pdp_rec.c

> Then again, why not a native QuickTime external, perhaps based on
> QuickTimeTcl (once it's more stable...)?

since it just decodes the video (and audio) for a specific frame, and
converts to the internal format, a native object is probably easier
indeed. conversion are in the pdp framework (system/pdp_llconv.c ; not
entirely mmx free yet..)

tom