[PD-dev] [PD-dev Announce] New syncgrain~ in CVS

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jan 9 18:05:41 CET 2003

Hi,

I did some work on my syncgrain~ external in SF-CVS. The big change is,
that sgrain~ doesn't load wav/riff files as grain sources anymore, but
instead depends on standard Pd table/array objects.

This was implemented by using flext's buffer class, which I used for
the first time, so there probably are major bugs in syncgrain~.

One known bug is, that Pd crashes if you delete the array, that was set
to be the grain source for syncgrain~. So don't do that. If anyone has
a fix, I'd be glad to incorporate it. Also I kind of hacked together
the (linux only) makefile, that now is a bit, well, personal, but it
works.

(I didn't arrive at the Make-chapter of Eric de Castro Lopo's
"Teach Yourself C for Linux Programming in 21 Days" yet ;)

So please, try syncgrain, but be careful (for example: don't do "pd
-realtime")

ciao