[PD-dev] bug: streamin13~ for windows

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sat Jan 11 16:43:54 CET 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, smoerk wrote:
> hi,
>
> streamin13~/out13~ does not work very well with pd 0.36 for windows. open streamio13~.pd change [connect foo.com 8008( to [connect localhost 8008(, then connect and disconnect and pd hangs ( stuck on highlighting [disconnect( )
>
> why not rename streamin13~ to streamin~? I think we don't need the object
> in two versions.

You could try the original streamin/streamout combination from ggee.
streamin13 is based on an old version of those and adds UDP.
Some day UDP support might be added to streamin/streamout too,
 I just havent done it because using TCP was not a problem for me,
and it is said to be better suited to do low latency streaming.

Guenter