[PD-dev] [GEM] generic programming for image processing and more

chris clepper cclepper at artic.edu
Mon Jan 13 05:22:07 CET 2003

Daniel

thanks for doing all that research.  i'm going to post my proposal
for the color-space stuff in the next 24hrs.  basically i'm going to
suggest that the start of the chain sets the format and conversion is
done only in special cases (i.e. no auto-conversion).  i'm also going
to propose a system for proposals!

>This introduces the more general problem of how to handle openGL extensions
>under GEM.  At the moment extensions are handled at compile time and in a
>fairly ad-hoc way... perhaps something like GLEW would be useful (altho it
>doesnt support OS X)

we already do this on OSX.  we have some sgi code that checks for the
string in the driver.  it's very simple and should be cross-platform.

cgc