[PD-dev] Re: [PD] Gem(lastest cvs) + video + linux

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Jan 13 12:29:25 CET 2003

Marco Scoffier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> perhaps I have the wrong packages, because the output of ./configure
> looks ok:
they really seem to be ok.

> checking for png_set_compression_level in -lpng... (cached) yes
guess you already removed the config.cache and recompiled.
anyhow it did find everything.

> but when I go to test the pix_film example I get the error messages as
> though pix_film hasn't been compiled properly:
>
> error: GEM: pix_film:
> '/usr/local/share/doc/gem/examples/04.pix/../data/anim-1.mov' does not
> appear to be a supported movie
> error: GEM: pix_film:
> '/usr/local/share/doc/gem/examples/04.pix/../data/alea.mpg' does not
> appear to be a supported movie
>

> Am I right that pix_film is the object to be used under linux?
yes

when creating the [pix_film] object the first time it should display the
used libraries (like "libmpeg3" ).
I guess it does not, meaning that the configuring somehow didn't really
do what it should
Open the src/Base/config.h file.
Edit it as appropriate (set values to one or define them like
<conf>
#define HAVE_LIBMPEG3_H 1
#define HAVE_MPEG3
</conf>
), similar for quicktime

i do know that the configure script + config.h are somehow broken but
of course i need time....

> I want frame per frame control of a video file synched with temporal
> events.
which you should get...

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes