[PD-dev] problem compiling GEM

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 24 00:42:44 CET 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, chris clepper wrote:

> just a casual look at the make output shows that gem 0.84 not gem
> 0.87 is in the -L for g++.  that doesn't look right.  do you have .84
> on the system?  maybe try (re)moving .84, make clean, and do the
> whole compile over again?  sorry, i'm not much help on these compiles
> anymore (i'm the OSX Gem guy;)

I wrote a mail on the pd list, on the 28th of December, on the various
issues i've had with compiling GEM, and the appearance of version number
"0.84", out of nowhere, in the build process of "0.87". I never ever tried
to install version 0.84 nor any other version before 0.87.

Besides it was a longish (and quite detailed) mail for which the intent
was to help the developers with tuning the actual configuration, so that
future versions would get easier to install; however I have received
no feedback at all on that mail.