[PD-dev] Circular Line object?

bbogart at ryerson.ca bbogart at ryerson.ca
Sat Jan 25 03:27:35 CET 2003

Hello all,

I'm working with a lot of angles in my current project (0-360degrees where 0 is the same point as 360)

I want to tween between one angle and another. If my initial angle is 10 degrees, my desination angle is 270 degress. I want an object which will take the shortest route around the circle to tween to the desination angle. If I use "line" I have my angle go from 0-90-180-270 Clock wise when I want it to go 10-0-270 Counter clockwise. The line object does work, but only when the angles differ by less than 180 degrees. So the question is how do I make a patch which tweens the angle by the shortnest distance?

Any help would would be appreciated.

In case your hoping I'm not talking about a rotating object so I can't just use a negative rotation angle.

Thanks
Ben